Tis’ that time of year again and we’ve all been dreaming of a white Christmas, except the kind with sand instead of snow! Christmas gifts are wonderful, but spending time with the ones we love is truly what the spirit of the holidays is all about. In case you were looking for some fun things to do in The Bahamas this holiday season, our guide has got you covered. And even if you weren’t, this guide will make you ready to pack your bags and hop on the next flight to this tropical oasis where the winters are warm and your days are merry and bright. Of course, The Bahamas is known for its marvelous beaches, but we’ve highlighted 8 Bahamian islands and some other fun things to do in addition to relaxing at the beach to enjoy your Christmas holiday in The Bahamas.
- Enjoy an exciting snorkeling excursion on New Providence with one of the various tour companies or set your calendars to Boxing Day (the day after Christmas ) to watch the annual Junkanoo Parade on Bay Street, in person or televised.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, climb up the path and take a plunge in Dean’s Blue Hole on Long Island, the second deepest blue hole in the world.
- Go on a guided scooter tour around San Salvador and enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience taking in the breathtaking views, and visiting historical landmarks.
- Spend a day… or night, in Elbow Cay on Abaco. Start off by climbing the 101 stairs to the top of the recently renovated lighthouse and enjoy the breathtaking views, it’s well worth it.
- Rent or charter a boat and visit the wild iguanas of Allen’s Cay, also known fittingly as “iguana beach”, on Exuma. Stop along the way to one of the secluded sandbars and experience a magic like no other.
- Visit the scenic, untouched Cat Island and enjoy a catamaran charter, catch fresh fish and enjoy a wonderful beach picnic with your fresh catch.
- Spend a day on Harbour Island, Eleuthera and visit the various restaurants, gift shops and boutiques and local art galleries.
- Visit Garden of the Groves on Grand Bahama and immerse yourself in this majestic, peaceful oasis with its beautiful plants, waterfalls, birds and wildlife.