The Bahamas is preparing to welcome visitors back ahead of the holiday season with new travel and testing protocols starting November 1st, 2020. Here's everything you need to know about the changes:
No More 14-day Quarantine
Up until October 31st, 2020, all individuals arriving in The Bahamas from abroad were required to quarantine for a period of 14-days. Visitors were required to "Vacation in Place" during this 14-day quarantine period, remaining on the grounds of the hotel or vacation rental they were staying at. As of November 1st, this restriction will be lifted.
- The new protocols will require visitors, returning citizens, and residents to obtain an RT-PCR test no more than FIVE DAYS prior to arrival.
- All travelers will then be required to apply for an electronic Bahamas Health Travel Visa at a cost depending on the length of stay. Note: Health visa processing takes up to 72 hours, so be sure to leave yourself enough time.
- For the duration of the visit, complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- After five days, all individuals who entered The Bahamas and are staying longer than four nights and five days will be required to take a rapid COVID-19 antigen test. The cost of the rapid antigen test will be included in the Travel Visa.
- In addition, beginning November 14th, 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Health Travel Visa. The insurance will cover travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas.
Visitors and residents are required to follow all Covid-19 requirements including wearing a mask and social distancing in public places.
For details about the new travel protocols and exemptions click here. To apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa, visit travel.gov.bs. As protocols are subject to change, and restrictions may vary from island to island, we recommend travelers check the status of their island destination before traveling by visiting Bahamas.com/travelupdates.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful Bahamas Islands. Rest, relax, and rejuvenate. You might just find it's the perfect place to call home.